University of Houston- Downtown
Strategic Plan Dashboard
As a public university, UHD strives to embrace an integrated strategic plan that is aligned with:
1. The university mission;
2. The strategic priorities and goals of the University of Houston System; and
3. The Texas State Higher Education 60x30 Plan.
|Goal 1: Student Success - Advise, retain, and educate an increasing number of students who meet the workforce needs.|
• 28% six year graduation rate.
• 75% first year retention.
• 60% second year retention.
|Goal 2: Student Access - Recruit an increasing number of qualified students from the diverse community.|
• 15,400 overall students
• 146,000 of total semester credit hours in Fall.
• 1,595 graduate students (included in overall students).
|Goal 3: Programmatic Advancement - Develop nationally and regionally prominent academic programs that provide students with high impact experiences and opportunities to gain 21st century skills.|
• 15-20 new academic and professional programs and certificates.
|Goal 4: Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities - Recruit, retain, and support a highly qualified faculty. Encourage faculty research, scholarship, and creative activities to enhance academic culture and to contribute to regional development.|
• $4 Million in research expenditures.
|Goal 5: External Partnerships - Strengthen external relations with alumni, friends of the University, local and regional communities and businesses, and legislative and governmental entities.|
• $25 Million in external funding.
|Goal 6: Administration and Infrastructure - Invest in staff, infrastructure, and processes that support the institution. |